Donate to Utah Community Action to Serve Your Community
Utah Community Action’s mission is to empower individuals, strengthen families and build communities through self-sufficiency and education programs.
But it takes a community, not just one organization, to serve the tens of thousands who need our help each year. We need your donations to fulfill our mission to reduce the effects of poverty, empower individuals, strengthen families, and build communities.
Join us as a financial donor, and together we can help our clients build a path toward self-sufficiency.
How We Use Your Charitable Contributions
Your donations have far-reaching benefits for low-income individuals and families in our community. Here are some of the ways we use your investment to create a brighter future for the Salt Lake area community:
- Fill our Head Start classrooms and playgrounds with books, toys, educational supplies, and stimulating and safe recreational equipment
- Nourish each Head Start child with nutritious meals and snacks and provide vital medical and dental services
- Provide adults with education and resources that can help them develop job-readiness skills and pave the way for additional education
- Acquire and maintain facilities that will offer the best environment for our clients as they lay the groundwork for successful futures
- Make dreams come true through our college scholarship program
- Provide housing counseling to low-income families so they can stay in their rental or owned homes
- Fund the HEAT program, which keeps utilities on during the winter months for the elderly and families with children
- Provide materials to our weatherization crews so that utility costs can be decreased for families living in poverty
- Train and support the talented, dedicated staff that works to make a difference in our clients’ lives
Please list one of the following programs your donation is supporting in the field provided below:
Case Management & Housing
Head Start Bloom Gala
Food Truck Face Off