Case Management & Housing

Notice: We are still providing deposit and emergency rental assistance, including assistance for those who are experiencing a housing crisis due to COVID-19. We also provide landlord-tenant mediation and case management. All appointments are over the phone at this time. Call 801-359-2444 for assistance.

UCA’s homeless services are fully operational with all homeless resource centers and the Weigand Center remaining open at this time. Call the Homeless Resource Line for more information: 801-990-9999.

Find Safe, Long-term Housing

Is your housing secure? The Case Management & Housing program assists income-eligible families and individuals with rental assistance, landlord-tenant mediation, homelessness services and case management to obtain or maintain safe, stable and affordable housing.

Who is Eligible?

You may be eligible for Case Management & Housing if the following applies to your household:

You are experiencing a temporary financial crisis, due to circumstances that are out of your control and able to be documented.

You must be a current resident of Salt Lake or Tooele Counties (if you are experiencing homelessness, you still need to currently be in these counties).

You must have a current lease in place, or be able to sign a lease. Payments are only made on behalf of tenants listed on a lease, and payments are only made directly to owners or property managers.

Priority given to: Families with children, single-parent households, seniors, individuals with disabilities, Veterans, victims of domestic violence, formerly homeless families, and families with children who attend the following South Salt Lake schools: Granite Park Jr. High, Lincoln Elem., Moss Elem., Roosevelt Elem., Woodrow Wilson Elem., or the South Salt Lake Head Starts.

Financial assistance may cover: Deposits or rent. Please be aware that we’re unable to assist with: Arrears (back) rent, arrears (back) deposit, rental fees, rent for subsidized units, mortgages, utilities, or payments to roommate situations or family members.

How to Apply

To see if you are eligible for Case Management & Housing assistance, please call 801.359.2444 to receive an assessment. Phone assessments can be given: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. If you do not reach a staff member, please leave a voicemail with your name and contact information and we will return your call within 2 business days. Walk-in appointments will no longer be accepted, please call to receive an assessment. 

If you are found ineligible for UCA’s Case Management & Housing services, you will be referred to other community resources that may be able to assist you.

For Homelessness Services, please call 801.990.9999 for information about the the Homeless Resources Centers and options available. This line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you do not reach a staff member, please leave a voicemail with your name and contact information and your call will be returned within 2 hours.

Affordable Housing Listings

Browse these local listings to search for available, affordable rental apartments or homes:
Affordable Housing Online
Utah Affordable Housing
Low Income Apartment Search

Other Resources

Renters Toolkit
Utah Department of Workforce Services
AAA Fair Credit Foundation
People Helping People

Contact Us

For questions about Case Management & Housing, please call 801.359.2444 from Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.

  • For rental and deposit assistance as well as holistic case management, call 801-359-2444 and press 8.
  • For tenant education or landlord-tenant mediation services, call 801-214-3109.
  • For homeless services, including information on the Homeless Resource Centers, call 801-990-9999.

Fair Hearing Request

You have the right to apply for UCA program services without the fear of being denied based on the following protected statuses: race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, and/or disability. If you feel you have been denied services based on your right to fair treatment you may appeal the decision and request a fair hearing by submitting the form below.

Fair Hearing Request Form